Saturday 20 November 2010

I made mushroom stroganoff :)


It was nice (:
I went online to find a recipe and found this site.
I wanted to make it for two since I would be the only one eating it and I was being optimistic and thought it would be a good idea to make extra for tomorrow. (I'm glad I did)
I made some changes to the recipe such as:
  • I used my Dad's home-made garlic olive oil.
  • I used half fat double cream instead, that's all I had.
  • I used wheat-free flour because that's all I had.
  • Smoked paprika because I prefer it.
  • Dried, ground coriander because someone used all of the fresh.
  • I found the sauce too thick so I put in a load of water and let it reduce a bit longer.
  • I added some salt, a grated carrot and some sun-dried tomatoes (because I fancied them) 
It was nice :) My parents aren't vegetarian so when they have meat I normally have something quick and easy and I fancied something proper.
Oh, and I had it with cute pasta, I don't know what kind it was but it's tiny and cute.
Mmmm, leftovers...

No comments:

Post a Comment